Friday 8 June 2012

Day 9 Jun 8 Santa Fe rest day

 jump to: Day 10    Day 8

What a joy not to have to be up at 6 and hurry up to be ready to saddle up for 8.30. I still got up at 6, but just read for an hour or so before doing some work sorting out the photos on netbook, putting them into folders by day then by location - this makes it easier for me to remember things when writing up the blog - but....
.... before that we teamed up with Ced and Sheila and went out (walking) in search of breakfast. We happened across a café which was quite full (always a goods sign) and found a table. I had Croque Madame (never had that before) Mrs.K had a pancake. Extremely yummy.




We had a walk about, visited a few ships and stuff and visited the catholic cathederal (Basilica St. Francis of Assisi). It was very tranquil inside, and I enjoyed that. I had to go back to the hotel to move Demo so some of the others could get out while the Mrs. K etc went in search of, what was to be, an illusive laundromat.

On the way back to meet them, in the town plaza there was some sort of ceremony going on with cowboys on horses and stuff. Something to do with anniversary of the first pony express or something. There's something about it here.   Below; Horsin' around in Santa Fe Plaza


I tried ringing Mrs.K but she didn't have a signal, anyway I found them, but they hadn't found the Laundromat. I did find another T shirt I liked, featuring a pattern made up of Djembes so I bought it (thegoodstuffsantfe.com)

There was an opportunity to go pistol shooting with Gary in the afternoon, but, although I was going to go, I decided to just stay and chill in Santa Fe, I was enjoying the relaxation after a week of hecticness - and tomorrow we leave Santa Fe for Gallup NM


In the late afternoon, on the town plaza band stand, I watched a bit of this great band of musicians - unusual instrumentation as it featured a pair of xylophone type instruments set face to face, and otherwise kit player, djembe, electric bass and sax.
 
Above: click on picture to enlarge 

Mrs. K was unsuccessful to find a local laundromat so we set up an improptu laundry at the hotel...

Below: Pictures of our room at Hotel Chimayo, Santa Fe, New Mexico

For our evening meal in Santa Fe, we teamed up with Andrew & Wendy, Ced & Sheila and Ian & Lorna, and dined at the Atomic Grill. Service was, unlike the previous evening said Wendy, appalling. They took so long to bring the food - and then Mrs. K had to send hers back 'cos it wasn't cooked properly. My pizza tested great - but it was too much for me and I couldn't manage it all. Good company made up for the disappointment with the restaurant.
 jump to: Day 10    Day 8

No comments:

Post a Comment